Sunday, February 1, 2009

date night was a flop

So plans were to go out to dinner and a movie. We ate at one of our favorite greek places. Food was great and I ate till I was full for the first time in almost 2 weeks.  Yeah the scale was not my friend this morning but hopefully that is due to salt. So service was so slow that we missed our movie at 7:10 and the next one was at 9:30 so we just went home and played board games together.  Well my phone rings at 10:30pm and it was my mom and Presley was in the background screaming bloody murder. She said she had been waking up every 30 minutes or so and screaming and that she felt hot. So Greg and I hopped into the car and drove the 15 minutes as fast as possible. It was a long long night she kept waking and screaming and crying with a fever of just about a little more than 101. We had her sleep in our bed for the very first time since she was a baby. It was hell with being woke up every hour. It brought back bad memories of her and being a newborn.....how I don't miss those days. Her fever broke at about 5-6am and she is slower going today but feels a lot better. Not sure if it is an ear infection or not we will see what happens tonight. If it is another bad night we will go to the dr tomorrow but I am hoping she is all better. It just always seems to flare up at night.  So our dream of sleeping in and enjoying the night to ourselves was cut short. Oh well our baby comes first and I just hate seeing her sad.

3 comments:

  1. Oh that stinks I am sorry she is sick! What did she think about sleeping with Mommy & Daddy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what she thought. I know I hated it. She is the most restless sleeper ever I had feet in my face all night

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like our last attempt at a date night. Slow service, missed movie, home by 8:00 and then the phone call at 10:00 that Ben wanted to come home and was crying for us. Ben just decided he had to sleep in his own crib.

    Sorry little P is sick. Hope she is feeling better soon. This is certainly the season for catching the sickies.

    ReplyDelete