Saturday, February 7, 2009

ER visit

Ok at about 8pm last night my right ear started bothering me and I tried some home remedies like warm olive oil in the ear and warm compresses. I was popping tylenol like tictacs and by 1am I couldn't stand the pain anymore. I was crying and knew I wouldn't make it until morning when urgent care opened. I got dressed and drove myself to the ER. I can't believe I went to the ER for an ear ache but it was SO intense I was ready to blow my head off and knew they could help me. I usually get an ear infection about once a year and they have never felt this horrible. I had them all the time as a kid and finally had tubes but now I just seem to be prone to them when I get a bad cold. They were so nice at the ER I said I felt stupid coming in I feel like the ER is meant for big trauma but at this point I was big trauma. I do have a bad infection in the right ear and a start in the left so they gave me some great drops to relieve the pressure. I also got a percocet some cephalexin for the antibiotic and also a nice supple of vicoden!!! The percocet knocked me out so I was actually able to get some sleep even though I didn't get home until close to 3am and yes Presley was up at 6:30am!!! So I am very tired right now. Greg is working today so I get no break until he gets home. I will be napping when she naps today. My ear still hurts but feels so much better than last night. Let me tell you, you would have been sitting in the ER last night too it your ear was like mine.....so don't call me a baby dad!!! I also don't have an unlimited supply of vicoden either like some people I know. They really should make something stronger than just tylenol for over the counter. Talk about stimulating the economy I bet they wouldn't be able to keep the strong stuff on the shelves but the sales would be thru the roof. I hope Presley keeps up her good mood today cuz I have no energy for naughtiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment