Tuesday, February 3, 2009

ready for homeschool



I was out today and stopped by our thrift store to see if they had some more sheets in for my quilting projects and I came across this little old school desk for 5 bucks!!! My sister and I had some when we were little but they were bigger and the tops opened and you could store books in them. We use to play school all the time and loved those desks. I wish we would have kept them. So when I saw this I knew it would be perfect for Presley to color on for now and when we homeschool she can sit here and do some work.  It is in need of a little TLC but that will be easy to spruce it up. I can sand down the top and stain and poly it and then I think I will spray paint the brown metal a black to match our decor. She looks like such a big girl sitting at it.  We just ran a couple of errands and she is still sick and talk about meltdowns in every place we went!!!! I had to pick up a gray card for school and they have a train table at the camera store so she played and I stood there and let her play for longer and then when it was time to go it was on the ground crying!! I had to scoop her off the floor and b-line it to the car. The at the thrift store I let her down to play in the toy aisle and when it was time to go...same thing crying and throwing a fit but at least she was able to remain vertical!! Note to self stay home with a sick kid. She just has a cold but i think she is overly tired and just should sleep the whole day but that won't happen. I hope she is better soon. We need to get over to my dad's and she has been asking to go to the children's museum again so once she is better we can get out of the house. 

3 comments:

  1. I have accepted the meltdown as a way of life - I used to wonder why people couldn't control their kids now I know why....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also Greg worked a 14 hr shift at work . He works Saturday too, what a hard worker. I think I'll satisfy him tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh boy greg is at it again.......is it a crime to impersonate?? i'm calling the police

    ReplyDelete