Tuesday, March 31, 2009

just rain so far


They have been threatening us with snow but so far it is just rain. These dreary days just make me so tired and so not motivated to do much. Sam and her boys came over today to play with Presley and it was a good day. Her and I were able to chat without being interrupted  too often. Her and I are both starting veggie gardens so we were talking about our plans and what to plant. Greg still thinks mine is going to turn into a big weedfest and nothing to harvest at the end of the season....I need to prove him wrong. I guess I have only done a couple of tomato plants and yeah they didn't do so hot but really I am motivated to spend more time in the yard this year. I think the chickens will keep me out there more and this long horrible winter has really made me appreciate warm weather more. Plus Presley is so much more mobile than last summer so she can maneuver much more with all the hills and rocks we have. It really is a dangerous yard for little ones. Also the pond is a big hazard so all eyes on presley. I did finally get a leash for her yesterday so now the next step is a dog run. I could stake a chain and tie her to the end of it so she can only go so far. How long do you think I could get away with that before child protective services hauled me in???;) Really is it any different than those pen gates for the yard they sell. I just won't use a choke collar!!! Oh great it is starting to hail it better not wake up sleeping beauty she hasn't been sleeping long enough. It is just little hail but sounds so loud on the roof. I am so tired today again. These 6:30am wake-up calls are just too early!!! What happened to my sleep till 9am lil' girl. I am wondering if we keep her up later if she'll sleep in?  I doubt it we will just have a crabby early riser. I think that has been the hardest thing for me is not being able to sleep like I used to. 9-10am is perfect time to get up. I think it will be quite a few years before that will happen again. Oh crap she woke up....bye-bye "me" time and she is in there crying so hello crabby pants!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh do I know "Miss Crabby Pants" well! I have to wake up Mary every morning at 6:00 and she is not a morning person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she starts sleeping in for you better. Maybe she's having a growth spurt.

    ReplyDelete