Sunday, March 29, 2009

more progress on the coop




today was a great day to be outside and work on the coop. Well greg worked on the coop and I was on Presley patrol.  We got a lot done and so far it is looking really great. I am so excited. The chicks are due to hatch a week from tomorrow. We have about 3-5 weeks to finish the coop before they get too big for their brooder. I hope to get a lot more done next weekend. We have to insulate, shingle, and work on the door. I also have to paint the interior walls and lay vinyl floor for easier clean-up. The back wall will be the last thing so we can work inside without being cramped. So the big news around here is Presley no longer has a nuk!!! Friday night we put her to bed without it and she hasn't had it since. We are done with this chapter in her life. It is a relief to not have to worry about always having one when we are out incase she has a meltdown. She asked for it quite a few times the first day but today I have only heard her ask once. We told her the mommies came and got them for their babies and she seems to buy it so that our story and we're sticking to it. Way to go Presley Jo!!!

3 comments:

  1. Presley eating out of the can of Pringles and someone watching Greg drinking a beer - you sure you guys don't live down here in Texas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have been horrible about her eating habits!!! I have been letting her eat too much junk I just am lazy about it right now. I need to be better about what she eats but when we are busy it is so hard to cook good stuff. Now for the beer....a happy greg = a happy sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all are getting all country! I bet you'll like fresh eggs :D

    ReplyDelete