Friday, March 13, 2009

too many headaches

I don't know what is going on but I am so sick of headaches. I swear at least 3 times a week I have them. I think it is still my stupid ears. They seemed better for a couple days and now they are really bothering me again. I guess I just need to go in and have them check. My GF's husband looked at them last week...poor guy I put him to work on his night off...i bet that happens to dr's all the time!!! So he had the little tool to look in my ear and said it was real red still but no puss so that is good but it has been quite awhile since my infection so I wonder why it is still red and irritated. If sunday they are still bothersome I'll go and have them checked. So the weather is suppose to be in the mid 40's this weekend and I am excited to get out and start planning some things for our summer projects. I am putting in a veggie garden for the first time. I have had a few tomato plants here and there put never have done a big veggie garden. I am so excited to plan it out and figure out where to plant what and when. My neighbor is a master gardener and she is so very helpful.  I am really motivated to spend more time in the gardens this year. The last 2 summers poor greg has had to do the majority of the work. The one summer I was big and preggo and last summer Presley was still so young to be able to be out without complete supervision.  This year she understands so much more and can walk much better than last summer. She was a good walker last year but still very clumsy when trying to maneuver around our landscaping. We also have to be so careful with her and our koi pond because the deep end is over 4 feet deep and you know how kids and water are like magnets. We will never be able to let her play in the backyard without us right out there even in a couple years there are just too many horrible drowning stories that scare the crap out of me. I love our waterfall and pond and don't want to get rid of it we just have to be extra cautious.  So now with my new chicken obsession I am thinking about getting an incubator and hatching the eggs. I think Presley would love watching the whole process. I found a guy that will take any males I end up with so I know they will have a home. Now on top of chickens I am thinking about getting 2 geese!! They are this breed which look so cool and they could use our pond. I just need to figure out if they are really noisy like a typical canadian goose. The other thing is goose poop can be a little crazy but I think my dogs would help clean it up which is gross but a fact of my dogs. They don't fly so they would be a pet too. If they are too much work or too loud I could just sell them. They fetch about $50 bucks a goose because they are more rare. I would try to hatch those too. Poor greg married the crazy bird lady!!! I love birds they are my favorite and over the years I have tried many different breeds but none have been a good fit for me so I think this my last chance at trying to own birds and being able to enjoy them. I have had 10 pairs of different finches, 2 parakeets, 2 cockatiels, a blue crown conure, and a red capped conure. The 2 parrots turned out to be very aggressive and biters. One liked greg and hated me and one loved me and hated greg. That is typical of parrots but then the one that like me turned and became aggressive towards everyone. Once Greg was talking to malcolm and he reached over and bit him in the lip. If anyone has been bit by a bigger parrot they know how bad that hurts and the lip!!! wow I thought Greg was going to body slam him. So this is my last hurrah with birds!!! I think I will throw in the towel and just appreciate them from a far if the chickens turn into a huge debacle . So tuesday is when or city is announcing if they are allowing chickens. I am pretty sure they are but will talk about the rules?? I hope they allow them!!! well I just made a few phone calls and it looks like the council is all in agreement about changing the ordinance and allows chickens!!!! I am one happy little girl right now!! I just called the police dept and left a message for the rules. I am probably going to play buy the book this time and get all the permits so no one can say boo later down the line. I'm sure it is just a fee every year which is a rip off but I guess it goes into our city's funds. Our city has only allowed  2 dogs per household and we have had 3 for the last 10 years and never have been turned in. We would have just had to buy a kennel license to have the 3 which was 50 bucks a year. But now they are changing that ordinance also and allowing 3 dogs. I am so lucky greg puts up with all my hairbrained ideas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment