Friday, March 27, 2009

Just aged 10 years!


So we went to the Mn zoo today, they opened the farm babies area so we braved the cold to get out and check them all out. I was a brisk 18 degrees as we headed to the zoo. Only a true MN would spend the day at the zoo in this weather or a true crazy woman. So we spent the first half of the morning at the inside exhibits and then would go outside to see the other animals when it warmed up a bit. So we were at the tropics exhibit and Presley and Jaxson were in this little cubby area where we could see the entrance and the exit and me and Mer were chatting and both watching the openings and soon Jaxson comes out but no Presley. So I panic and went on a run looking for her....well long story short I found her quite a ways away she had made it thru caves and doors and was out heading towards another trail!!! It had to have been a good 5-7 minutes she was gone but felt like an hour to me. When I found her she was at a drinking fountain trying to get a sip and when she saw me she acted like nothing was wrong and asked me to help her get a sip. She could have cared less where I was! I didn't know whether I wanted to beat her or hug her I was so scared. So that just confirmed for me to buy her a leash. I had talked about it last year and for sure we are getting one now. She is SOSO  very fast and just doesn't understand that she can't run off. She spent most the time after that in the stroller and didn't like it. This girl just doesn't know how to walk it is running everywhere. Even in the house she runs and barely ever walks. She really is just so high energy and balls to the walls all the time. I know it just lost 10 years off my life after today. I did manage to not break down and start crying but I have never been so scared. All these thoughts start running thru your mind. To lose a child completely or get kidnapped has got to be the worst feeling ever I pray I never have to ever deal with that and I wish no one else would either in this world. So horrible just those few minutes for me were so miserable. So off to target to get a leash today!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow that is scarey I am hoping that outnumbering Mary 3 to 1 takes care of that for us in Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mackenzie took off once at Old Navy and I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I've never been so upset in all my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here. Just borrowed a leash from someone to try out but we'll be buying one soon. Ben runs away on purpose and he isn't scared when he can't see us. I had him and Connor at the play ground the other day and Ben was in the sand box and Connor was on the slide. I answered a someone's question and that quick Ben was out of sight. He wasn't trying to run off but just got into what ever he was doing. It took me five minutes to find him and I was totally freaked out. An awful feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how scary! I'd freaked. The only reason why we had the stroller at Disneyland was as a restraint device. Hannah hardly allows me to hold her hand when crossing the street. Independent little ones.

    ReplyDelete