Saturday, March 7, 2009

Chickens

Ok so if we decide to stay here I said I want chickens. I just found out our city allows up to 4 chickens but I need to find out all the rules to be able to get them. I think I have to pay $50 a year and get the ok from neighbors so hopefully all my neighbors will be ok with it. Greg said he would build a coop for me!!! I am so excited!!!! I have been researching chickens all day. The real cool fancy ones usually aren't the best egg layers. I really want to have fresh eggs so I think I might have to get the more typical chickens but they still are cool looking depending on the breed I pick. I found a place that ships as little as 3 chicks so that works out good. The one breed I really am drawn to isn't known for egg laying but I really love the look of them. They are suppose to be sweet though. This breed sounds really cool too.... Blue/green eggs sound way cool for Presley!!!!! They aren't ready till june though. I need something cold hardy even though we will keep them warn enough in the winter. So anyone who has any chicken tips let me know!!! Big decisions.

1 comment:

  1. my god what happen to your brains Your f---en crazy.

    ReplyDelete