Monday, March 30, 2009

one week left

Just one more week and the chicks will be here. I am starting to get nervous. I just moved the bunny from it's temporary cage to it's new home and the temp cage is where the chicks will be for a few weeks. They grow so fast so hopefully the coop will be done just in time for them before they outgrow the brooder. Booboo seems to like her new cage she can see out the sides now and I moved it to the 4 season porch...not sure what Greg will say about that??? She was in my salon but Presley kept wanting to go down there all the time so now the bunny will be up here front and center and can interact more. I bought a litter tray and litter and hopefully she catches on to the potty training thing. Greg is all grossed out by her lil' poop pellets. I am like honey you change a nasty stinky poopy butt from Presley a lil' hard turd from a bunny is no big deal. So Louie spent the whole night outside roaming the town. I called for him at 10pm last night and he didn't come running like usual. Still at 5am when Greg got up he wasn't around. I was starting to get nervous that something happened to him but at 8am there he was sittin' at the door waiting for me. What a huge relief. I just love him and would hate for something to happen to him. There is just no way to keep him inside. We found him as a stray and he loves being outside and every time we open the door to let the dogs out he runs out. I guess we just have to take our chances that he will be ok. He has his claws so he can run up trees and still protect himself. He is a smart cat so hopefully he will be fine. My neighbor has always had outdoor cats and they all lived at least 20 years. I know Louie is too big for an owl or hawk ( I think?? he has to weigh about 15 pounds??)and we don't get eagles this low over here it would just be cars, foxes or coyotes around here that would do him in and since he can do trees he should be safe, we just try to get him in every night. 

2 comments:

  1. Bunny poop is pretty harmless on the poop scale - Dogs cats and kids are much worse! Maybe Louie has a new friend and is out getting some - no I can't say it write your own joke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His balls did look a little smaller when he got home!!!;)

    ReplyDelete