Thursday, March 26, 2009

Back to myself


Oh man yesterday was bad. I had way too much wine tuesday night at the candle party and was paying the price all day yesterday. I just rarely drink anymore and for some reason the wine was just going down too easy. Greg came to the candle party too so Presley could play with her cousins so I had a sober cab and knew I could let loose. I did buy an adorable rooster ( it is on the side of the page)tealight holder for my kitchen. I think every kitchen needs at least one chicken. So pretty much nothing got done around here so today I need to get my arse moving. Booboo is doing great she is so sweet and mellow but I still think she is just getting use to her surroundings. I need to go and get litter for her and try litter training her. She has only dropped one poop pellet while she has been out running around and no pee so I hope she will be easy to train. I want greg to make her a bunny run in the yard so she can spend the days outside getting exercise and enjoying the outdoors while being safe in a wire run from predators. She might be able to be with the chicks as long as they don't peck the crap out of her?? The list of predators includes my one dog and I think Louie too. I am nervous about the lil' chicks too I will have to keep a very close eye on them until they get bigger.  Carly my minpin has always been a little killer. They were bred for ratting and she has the instincts that is for sure.  Tori has no clue that she is a minpin. She has never went after anything and wouldn't even know what to do if a mouse sat right in front of her. Carly even took on a squirrel once. They were both latched on rolling in the grass it was quite a sight to see. The squirrel survived and carly felt defeated... They are both about the same size just Carly has longer legs. Lacey would just bark something to death before anything else. I do think Louie caught a mouse outside once but not sure if he found it dead or actually killed it. Carly has even caught a few chipmunks and those things are fast. She also can hear moles under the ground and has dug up a couple and killed those which is wonderful cuz those stupid things can wreak havoc on a lawn. I hope the chickens will find lots of grubs in our yard so the moles  have no food supply and stay in the neighbors yards.

No comments:

Post a Comment