Wednesday, April 29, 2009

huge relief


My dad's surgery went well and they were able to do it the easy way instead of slicing him up completely. He had his gallbladder removed and there was a stone lodged in his bile duct. They weren't able to get all the stones out so they will probably have to go back in and try again but not sure if it can be done at a later time or sooner??? He is horrible about asking questions and when they do tell him something he can't remember what they said!!! I need to talk to the dr to get the lowdown. Not sure when he is getting out....I'll have to call in a little while to see how he is doing. If he doesn't get out we might make a trip down there. Presley does ok down there but it is always short and sweet with candy involved to keep her happy. My dad is like a cat he has 9 lives! I hope I get his luck when it comes to dodging the big health bullets. Yesterday greg worked on the last wall for my coop. He framed in the door and ran electrical for the lights and an outlet in there for a heated waterer for the winter. Can't have frozen water for them. I am not looking forward to chicken maintenance come january here in MN!!!!

So I just took a real good look at my dogs the other day and I can't believe how FAT they all are!!! Even Carly the one that is usually so skinny is fat. They have stole so much food out of Presley's hands and eat every crumb that hits the floor. I guess when you only weight 7 pounds gaining a pound or 2 is huge. They all need to be on a diet. I know once the weather stays warm they will be outside running around more but I have been giving them tiny handfuls at feeding time cuz they keep eating so much table food from Presley. Tori was getting so fat her collar was getting so tight and it was choking her. I noticed she started having with weird raspy cough and I realized her collar was way too tight cuz her big fat neck!!! She looks like a barrel on 4 little peg legs.....

1 comment:

  1. (((HUGS))) glad your Dad's surgury went well. I had my galbladder out 6 years ago this oct. I felt so much better after wards but still have some flair ups now and then.

    ReplyDelete