Monday, April 20, 2009

cool and rainy


so we are stuck inside watching movies and doing laundry. Speaking of laundry we went looking at new front loader machines yesterday and I am so smitten with them!!! Our machines are 10 years old and are starting to make lots of weird new noises. I think we will hold off a little bit longer but are researching all the different brands to figure out what we will end up choosing so anyone who has some front loaders tell me what they are and what you like/dislike about them. I would love to cut my loads down with the higher capacity machines and save in water and gas!! I am hoping mine go "out" real soon so I don't feel so guilty buying new machines when mine work so everyone put a curse on my machines!! The ones we were looking at were by samsumg and the guy said they had a great rep....


My duck lady called and the ducks hatched and she said i could come and pick them up this weekend. Now I just need to be on my best behavior and cater to Greg all week so he lets me have 3 ducklings. They will be great for the pond on keeping the algae clean but ducks do poop a fair amount so I would have to be on poop patrol. They are small call ducks so they aren't as messy as the bigger breeds. Speaking of the pond we are having problems with a leak and have been narrowing down the cause. The leak isn't in the pond because water level remained the same when the falls were turned off. So greg spend 2 days pulling all the rocks out of our 20 foot waterfall and no holes. SOOO the leak is either in the waterfall holing area or the pipe that circulates the water. If it is in the pipe that circulates the water that is going to be a horrible job to figure out. The pipe is buried 2 feet under the ground and has to be 30 feet long so to dig it all up would be quite the job. Greg is so stressed over it and I feel so bad. He wants to get rid of the pond but it is my favorite thing in our yard and I would be so sad to not have it anymore. The sounds of the rushing water is so relaxing and I love watching the fish. I guess we will figure it out but it is just so much labor. We still have quite a bit to do on the coop and the run. The chicks will be ready to go outside in about 2-3 weeks so we need to kick it into high gear. I think wed. I'll ask my mom over and we can work on it. 

2 comments:

  1. I have the front loading whirlpool - we got them a couple of years ago. I know they newer features now. No issues so far (knock on wood)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the LG front loader...LOVE IT!! Wish it wasn't waiting in storage and we were currently using it! The first week we had it, we just sat and watched as it was washing. They are so much better for your clothing too.

    ReplyDelete