Tuesday, April 7, 2009

they made it thru the night

one of the brahmas
the cochin?
white silkie

one mille fluer
the one polish
the other cochin
group hug

I picked up my 12 lil fuzz butts yesterday afternoon and drove as fast as I could home to get them in their warm brooder. I had the heat in the car blaring and at one point I looked back at Presley in her seat and her face was bright red and she said momma hot. I said the chicks need to be warm. They are so very cute. I sat as much as I could last night just watching them do their "chicken thing" poopin', peepin', peckin', posin'. I have 12 of them and 4 are silkies ....3 black one white. I am pretty sure 2 black are roos. They are fairly bigger than the other 2 and are such bullies! They have no fear and when I put my hand in there they come running to check it out. The one black little one sleeps a lot and isn't as active so not sure it she will make it? I will be so sad to find a dead one but I know it is very common to lose a couple when they are so young. One good thing is they didn't have the stress of being mailed. I have 2 mille fleur and they are so tiny and I can't wait to see them feather out their coloring is just beautiful. I hope they are both pullets. I also have 2 brahmas I think one might be a light and one a buff. then 2 cochins I think but not sure if they are silver laced or Well not? They are so pretty with their coloring right now.  And last but not least are 2 golden laced polish which are my fave looking ones. I am so excited to see their feathers and praying they are both female but they are both more aggressive but it could be their breed? Now that they are here Greg stayed up till after 11 working on the coop. I think the pressure is on knowing in about 3-4 weeks they will be big enough to be in their coop. Well we all know what I will be doing today....sitting in front of the brooder watching the babies. Presley likes them a lot too but is a little scared of their feet.

2 comments:

  1. he has peeked in the box but I have kept them very separate for now cuz the chicks are just so tiny and fragile.

    ReplyDelete