Sunday, April 5, 2009

not much coop progress





Well yet again mother nature strikes (last night)and therefore we didn't get much time to work on the coop this weekend! Greg did get the nesting boxes built in the garage and mounted them last night. I am not sure if we will get time to work on more today? The sun is coming out so this snow should melt real quick and maybe we can do some more work? I am so anxious to see if I'll be getting my chicks tomorrow? I have a feeling the breeder is going to not have any for me. I know tractor supply is getting some in this week either monday or tuesday so I have been calling just about everyday. They are only getting in 50 assorted bantams and I am nervous they will sell quickly so I want to get there right away for good pickins if my breeder man can't deliver. Greg and Presley left early this morning to my mom's house to get her a new TV and set it up so I got to sleep till 9:45am rolled out of bed to a quiet peaceful house made some coffee and just chillin' on the 4 season porch surfing the web. AWWWW so nice! I couldn't ask for a better way to end my hectic week. All I need to do today is clean a little more a couple loads of laundry and grocery shoppin'. I did all my homework last night so that is out of the way. I had 2 big writing assignments and they took forever!!! I hate writing I have the worst grammar. Oh well my instructor doesn't really care he is quite laid back. Greg worked on the pond Friday night he power washed it and filled it up and now we have the sweet sounds of the waterfalls. We have to wait a week or 2 before the koi can go back into it. It takes awhile for all the chlorine to neutralize out of the water. We could treat it and put them in sooner but i am not a fan of chemicals and avoid them at all cost. All the koi except one made it thru the winter in the holding tank. Of course the biggest one is the one that died. She was about 4-5 years old and our neighbor gave us her in the fall because she was too big for her pond. It was so sad!!! I thin we have about a dozen koi but I think we are housing some for the neighbor? I think 7 or so big koi is about all we need. We hope they will breed but i think they need to be about 4 years or age before they are ready and we always seem to kill them off before then. Hope to have better luck this year.

1 comment: