Saturday, September 5, 2009

bunny fun

I went to the owatonna rabbit show today. Laural got to my house at 6 am and I loaded 5 of my buns to take. Laural brought her tans she had about 20 she was showing. I was proud of Bety my lionhead she took BOB ( best of breed) and Jara my fuzzy lop took BOG (best of group) The judge said Baby Jane looked very promising but she got beat out because she was so young and not developed as much as the others in her class. She is still so young but i was curious to see what the judge that of her and chester. Chester also got good marks so in the spring when they are more mature I think they might do well on the table. Vivien my other fuzzy didn't do very well which I wasn't shocked she is long in the body and not a good head. I will breed her with Kline and see what kind of babies she throws and figure out from there. I bred her to kline 2 weeks ago but not sure if it took. I will but a nestbox in her cage in about 12 days and see is she starts making a nest and just wait. If she isn't pg I will try again. I know Bety isn't because she wasn't letting lionel "in".  I tried again today with laural here and still she wasn't in the mood. I think I will wait until I see if vivien is pg and try them both in a few weeks. A few people wanted to know if bety was for sale but no she is a keeper. I wish I would have had some lionhead buns to sell today cuz I would have done well. 

So yes I came home with another bun. I found a tri colored mini rex for 5 bucks and said sold. Greg loved the mini rex because they are so ultra plush. Greg named him cupcake. He is a sweet boy but too big to show and breed so he will just be a pet. He was born on new years day so he is 9 months old now. But now I am thinking about getting a pair of lynx mini rex to show and breed.....but will wait until spring even though convention is next year here in MN and it would be great to have some good stock to show and sell. It is in oct or nov next year so I would have 1 year to breed and get some wins and show prospects under my belt. I am just really excited to get a few litters out of mine. I am still on the fence about lionel he is lacking in the mane dept. but will give him a chance with one litter before I find a different herd buck.


I love my rabbits and going to shows is so much fun now that I actually have a few to bring and put on the table. I can't wait until Presley is old enough to do this with me too.

1 comment:

  1. Greg said Bety reminded him a lot of you !!!

    ReplyDelete