Friday, September 18, 2009

couch potato to 5k

So my GF Sam and I are both starting the couch potato to 5k program. We are both going to sign up for our first 5k hopefully do the turkey trot. It is a 9 week program and says you'll be running 3 miles nonstop by then. So tonight was my first day and it was not bad other than I have a start of a cold so I was a little tired but the last half was much easier than the first half. I always hate the first 7-8 minutes of exercise and then once I get past that it always seems easier.  So 3 days a week doesn't seem too hard......and I like a set program that starts out fairly easy it seems much more doable than just hitting the pavement and burn out right away. You also are watching your watch so you forget you are even running. I have been eating birthday cake nonstop since saturday!!!! The scale is not my friend right now but man I love cake!~

on a stressful note 3 of my rabbits are sick. I noticed Kline had a runny nose and heard him sneeze so I moved him away from the rest of the herd and the next morning baby jane sneezed and I looked over and she had white snot from her nose so I freaked and called the vet and got them both on antibiotics. Then tonight I noticed Bety had a wet nose and crusty front paws so I gave her some of Kline's antibiotics right away and will have to get more next week. It is a rabbit owners worst nightmare when the "snuffles" hits. It can wipe out a whole herd in no time. Rabbits are very good about hiding an illness and they can look fine one day and be dead the next. Hopefully I caught it early enough and everyone gets better. The only thing is sometimes a rabbit can have a chronic problem and need antibiotics for the long term. I think most breeders will just remove the animal from their herd if that happens because it is sooo contagious. I am just beside myself dealing with this. I guess I will see what happens and hopefully no one else gets sick. I will also have to see if anyone has a chronic problem and deal with that situation when the time comes. I am so bonded with baby Jane she is such a lover and I really hope she doesn't continue to have any more problems. I am not sure how it happened. I think Kline got sick first. Most rabbits can carry it but sometimes when they get stressed it can attack. Not sure if the big 40th birthday bash with all the people here stressed him out?? Well whatever it was I hope I don't have to deal with this again. Poor bun buns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment