Friday, May 15, 2009

sick

I started with a cough about a week ago and it has gotten worse and my chest felt weird so i went to the clinic today and I have bronchitis. I have never had it in my life. I think it was from all the chicken dust from their feathers. I will not brood them in the house ever again that long. Maybe the first week and then they are going out in the garage. The amount of dust they created was crazy and I would sit right by their brooder for long periods of time just playing with them. Oh well I did a breathing treatment at the clinic and felt a little bit better and she sent me home with an inhaler, predisone, and zithromax. My throat feels better right now I can swallow my own saliva without cringing. I am just exhausted and have been taking naps when P sleeps to make it thru the week. I am sure the meds will be kickin' in quickly and should feel better by sunday. Not that we have anything fun planned for the weekend. Greg has to work the whole weekend again :( We did go to the zoo today for a quick little trip. They are having an african safari exhibit starting on the 23th but the giraffes and the ostriches were already there. Man ostriches are so cool. Their feathers look so fluffy and soft i wonder what one feels like? My one chick that was acting sick is acting sick again. She was fine all week and then I picked her up and was petting her and she got all funky again?? So maybe she is allergic to me? I don't know what to do. I gave her some sugar water but i might run to the store and pick up some vitamins for their water and she if she just needs an extra boost?? It stresses me out not knowing what is wrong with her. 

2 comments:

  1. Never would have thought about picking up dust from chicks. Be careful with that and I hope you are feeling better soon. I'm just getting over a stomach bug here. It's helping me not eat junk food so there is my silver lining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your chick. I hope you figure out what's going on there. You must be doing something right to have all of them make it through the first few weeks.

    ReplyDelete