Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday I'm in love


It is a bright sunny day today!!! Granted the temp is -2 degrees right now but it sure looks warm outside. Al Gore is delirious there is no global warming just come to MN Al and you'll change your song and dance!!! We are going to try to make it over to my dad's today. Both P and I have coughs and runny noses so I'll see if he want us or not. We made it to the club last night and then I dropped both of them off at home and ran to the grocery store. Ah yeah don't go to the grocery store right after a big workout and hungry!!! I spent 250 bucks and we are just a family of 3. This should last for a couple weeks with maybe a small run next week of 50 bucks or so. When you eat healthy it really costs so much more. I guess our grocery budget is about $600 a month which I think is high but then I was talking to my GF today and she says hers is about $1200 a month!!! Then I didn't feel so bad. Granted she has 3 kids so they are a family of 5. Pre Presley we would only spend about 80 bucks a week but I forget that we would eat out about 2-3 times a week too and that would run 30-50 bucks a time. So I guess it all washes out. We hardly ever eat out now. Maybe one a month or every 6 weeks. We might do a fast food run here and there but that is usually cheap. I am so excited Presley is having a sleep over at my mom's tomorrow so Greg and I get a date night!!! I'll be dropping her off early tomorrow and picking her up sunday so a whole 24+ hours of just G and me. I think I want to go see a movie and maybe dinner. I have been so good on WW that I have my flex points I can use so I am going to enjoy eating and not worrying about how many points this is. You still have to live and enjoy live I just can't be so strict all the time cuz then I'll rebel and fall of the wagon. 

2 comments:

  1. Your house must be really warm even though its -2 judging from Presley's lack of clothes! I just looked last year we spent about $1,460 a month on Grocery & Household (paper towels, cleaning products, laundry soap etc)we would do better if I were the only one shopping but little Courtney doesn't look at prices or expiration dates - I throw away alot of food sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a true Minnesotan. I just keep the house at about 70 degrees but she is always pulling off her pants and won't keep slippers or socks on her feet. I am glad my 600 bucks is not over the top!!! I guess we are eatin' cheap huh??? It just seems like so much money and so little food sometimes.

    ReplyDelete