Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Children's museum



We are getting our moneys worth out of our yearly member pass. It has paid for itself and then some and we have 3/4 of the year left. Also a nice perk today was there was a fairly long line to check in and then an employee came around with a little hand held scanner and asked if anyone was members and I said we are he scanned my card gave us our stickers and we went right in which is so great when you have an over excited 2 year old trying to butt in line so she can go play asap!!!! I met my GF sam and her twin boys so we got a little adult time in while the kids ran around and played. The morning started out with the most whiny Presley ever so I was glad to get her out or I think it would have been a real long day and my nerves would have been shot after a couple hours couped up with her attitude in the house. She didn't get to bed until after 9pm last night and was up at 7 so she is extra tired. I had class so not sure why she was up that late.....daddy is a sucker and I think he let her stay up when she should have been in bed. Class was great we had a little quiz and I got one wrong. It has been forever since I have actually had to study and read and retain the info. It is a little intimidating but i think I'll be just fine. Our assignment this week is to shoot different subjects under the "sunny 16" rule. I had never heard of it before. It means in a sunny outside situation you put your camera on either iso 100/200 and f/16 and shoot with a correct shutter speed that works to keep an even exposure. Then keeping with the sunny 16 rule do some shots with a moving subject and changing the shutter speed. I hope we have some sunny days coming up soon!!!! It is gray and cloudy today. I am so sick of january and very relieved it is coming to an end real quick. This january has been the coldest january in 30 years and we are all going stir crazy here. Just one more month of cold weather and usually march we tend to warm up to days in the 30/40's which feels warm after below freezing days. You know after 36 years of living here you would think I would be used to the winters but every year I forget how crappy they really are. I try not to think about them too much or else you really would never leave the house.  Still doing good with the WW it has been 5 days and I stepped on the scale and down 2.5 pounds so hopefully thursday my weigh in day I can be close to the 5 pound mark. I need to up my workouts but the first week I am just trying to survive on the lack of food....baby steps 

No comments:

Post a Comment